Wine Tour Reservation Information
- All tours require a reservation secured with your credit card information.
- A modest deposit taken at the time of reservation guarantees your seat. Your credit card will be charged for the remaining amount the week of the event.
- Children are not allowed on tours where alcohol is served.
- Children over 12 may be allowed on some Speciality Tours provided it is stated in the published tour description. Children must pay full adult price.
- Damages: tour guests shall be liable for any loss or damage they cause to the Tour Vehicle or incurred by you or your party. Further, Texas Wine Tours reserves the right to charge you for any such loss or damages incurred by Texas Wine Tours.
Traditional Wine Tour Cancellation Policy
Call us at 1-830-997-8687 if you need assistance .
CANCELLATION, REFUND, and SCHEDULE POLICY:
We look forward to sharing the beautiful Texas Wine Country wineries with all our guests, but we realize that occasionally plans change. We have established a cancellation and refund policy that gives our guests flexibility while allowing us to maintain a good business operations.
Policy for Parties of 8 or less:
Cancellation notification 7 days or more before your tour - full refund
Cancellation notification less than 7 days but more than 48 hours before your tour – forfeit deposit
Cancellation notification less than 48 hours before your tour – full charges apply
Policy for Parties of 9 or more:
Cancellation notification 14 days or more before your tour – forfeit deposit
Cancellation notification less than 14 days before your tour – full charges apply
No refund will be granted for “no-shows”. Full charges will be billed to your card.
We have found this cancellation policy necessary so that we have enough remaining time to make canceled spaces available to others. Of course, if you refill your own tour opening and receive reimbursement directly from your replacement there is no penalty.
All refund requests must be in writing and received by our office within 120 days of purchase. No refunds will be granted after 120 days of purchase.
TOUR VEHICLE BOOKING POLICY:
We strive to operate our company as safely and efficiently as possible with the resources available. At times it may be necessary to re-assign vehicles used for a tour, without notice.
This may occur under the following circumstances:
1. Vehicle readiness or driver availability
2. Tour groups of 9 or larger fall below 9, requiring a move to a smaller vehicle
3. Tour groups of 9 or larger fall below the minimum size for a particular vehicle, and are combined with other smaller groups to fill a single vehicle
4. Weather or safety conditions require the use of a different vehicle.
We do our best to keep you in the vehicle you booked, however if we need to move you to another vehicle, you can be assured that you will still experience the premier way to tour the Texas Hill Country wineries!
FAQ - Get the most of your Wine Tour
What to wear
- The first rule is to dress casual and comfortable, the goal is to have fun.
- Avoid shoes or clothes that make it difficult to easily enter and exit a limo or walk about.
- Evenings can get cool in spring, fall, and winter, consider a light jacket as a backup.
- Avoid white or colors that will easily show wine spills and stains.
Tipping - Driver gratuity
- All tips are certainly appreciated. Industry standard for personal drivers is 20%. Our drivers are actually tour guides that stay with you the entire tour (consider, that your driver spent a day servicing and cleaning your limo, ensuring your travel safety, guiding you to the top wineries, pointing out the top wines, answering questions, and helping you with boxes and bags).
Best tour months? - (book early hint: 4-6 weeks is not too early)
- Spring flower blooming months are March, April, and May are busy.
- Spring Break weeks usually in March are busy.
- August is grape harvest time in Central Texas, busy.
- Fall festival months, October and November are busy.
- Less busy months: January, February, June, July, September, December.
Best tour days? (we offer wine tours seven days a week).
- Holiday weekends - book early!
- Saturday is the busiest tour day (consider Friday or Sunday for a tour).
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are least busy.
- Bring a camera - share the tour fun with friends and we will gladly help get you in the shot too. We love when you share your photos on social media or with us.
- Bachelorettes or corporate groups can enjoy a wine tour plus whole house lodging at the Dalton House (sleeps 8) or Orchard House (sleeps 12) as a special rate package.
- Let us help you stop standing in long tasting lines and enjoy more winery fun - Here's how we do it : our close relationship with the wineries lets us pay your tasting fees by the group and expedite you through busy tasting lines.
- Join a Wine Club at one of the wineries (enjoy free & reduced fee tastings).
- Buy your wine by the case and split the cost with a friend.
- Make tour plans early to get best tour/lodging times and days.
Related wine events.
- April - Spring Food and Wine Fest in Fredericksburg
- August - Hill Country Grape Stomps./Harvest (various wineries)
- October - Fall Food and Wine Fest in Fredericksburg
- October - Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg